Sex Crimes Attorney in Compton CA
Hire an experienced sex crimes attorney in Compton CA from The Mattern Law Firm to protect your rights.
Has someone accused you of committing a sex crime? Sex crimes are highly stigmatizing, and you may feel like you’ve already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. However, this does not mean you should give up on your case. At The Mattern Law Firm, we believe every individual deserves help navigating the criminal justice system so that their rights can be protected and so that they can secure the most beneficial outcome possible to their case. That’s why no matter what you may stand accused of, we will work hard for you as your sex crimes attorney in Compton CA.
California law describes many different types of sex crimes. Fortunately we know how to find the best defense strategy for any charge, including:
- Statutory Rape
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Misconduct
- Oral Copulation by Force
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd Conduct
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Sex Trafficking
- Sexual Abuse of Children
- And more
The Two Most Important Pieces of Advice You Need to Follow Right Now
- Don’t make a statement. If someone has accused you of a sex crime, you are probably very eager to deny the allegations and set the record straight. However, it is best to resist this temptation. You never know what aspect of your statement might be used against you later on.
- Hire an attorney. As soon as you learn you are a person of interest in a case, you would do well to consult a sex crimes attorney in Compton CA. Your attorney can begin providing assistance immediately by informing you of your rights and options and advising you on how to interact with police and prosecutors.
There’s a Lot at Stake in a Sex Crimes Case–Choose Your Attorney Carefully
In addition to the potential of jail time, most sex crimes carry the threat of sex offender registration. This can be very damaging to your reputation. With your reputation and your future hanging in the balance, naturally you do not want to just give up and accept a conviction. Instead, retain an aggressive sex crimes attorney in Compton CA from The Mattern Law Firm to fight for your rights, your freedom, and your future. We know the law, and we know our local courts. This positions us to provide exceptional representation, especially in cases involving negotiations with the DA and prosecutor. Depending on the facts of your case and the disposition of the prosecutor and DA involved, we may be able to:
- Getting charges dismissed or reduced
- Ensuring you face the minimum possible penalty via a plea bargain
- Securing an acquittal in court
Need Help with a Megan’s Law Issue?
Registering under Megan’s Law can lead to a lifelong stigma affecting not just sex offenders, but also their families. If you have already been convicted of a crime subjecting you to Megan’s Law, we may be able to help by:
- Appealing your case
- Defending you against alleged registry violations
- Helping you earn a certificate of rehabilitation (if you are eligible)
Please do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about these possibilities.
Contact a Sex Crimes Attorney in Compton CA for Free
It is extremely important that you find a sex crimes attorney in Compton CA you feel confident being completely honest with about your case. Meeting your attorney in person is essential to this effort. At The Mattern Law Firm, we offer free initial consultations for exactly this purpose. Call 310-342-8254 now to schedule your meeting.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
11755 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation