Sex Crimes Attorney in Gardena CA
Hire an experienced sex crimes attorney in Gardena CA from The Mattern Law Firm to protect your rights.
Has someone accused you of committing a sex crime? Many people–even those you thought were your friends–may just assume you’re guilty before you’ve had a fair trial and stigmatize you accordingly. We won’t. At The Mattern Law Firm, we believe that every individual deserves expert representation and assistance throughout the criminal justice process, no matter how strong the case against them may seem. So no matter how serious the charges against you may be, we will not give up on you. Instead, we will explore every possible avenue for your defense as your sex crimes attorney in Gardena CA.
The category of sex crimes includes many different types of offenses, and we are familiar with the statutes and case law regarding them all. We can help with:
- Statutory Rape
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Misconduct
- Oral Copulation by Force
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd Conduct
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Sex Trafficking
- Sexual Abuse of Children
- And more
The Two Most Important Pieces of Advice You Need to Follow Right Now
- Don’t make a statement. If you have been accused of a sex crime, you may naturally want to tell your side of the story. However, seemingly inconsequential details have a real potential to hurt your defense, so you should never make a statement without first consulting an attorney.
- Hire an attorney. Hiring a sex crimes attorney in Gardena CA before you are arrested or charged won’t make you look guilty. It will make you look smart. Your attorney can begin providing assistance immediately by informing you of your rights and options and advising you on how to interact with police and prosecutors.
There’s a Lot at Stake in a Sex Crimes Case–Choose Your Attorney Carefully
With certain sex crimes convictions, the punishment lasts long after you have completed any jail time or probation, because you will have to register as a sex offender. Though the situation may seem grim, you should not give up without a fight. Instead retain an aggressive sex crimes attorney in Gardena CA from The Mattern Law Firm to fight for your rights, your freedom, and your future. We know the law, and we know our local courts. This positions us to provide exceptional representation, especially in cases involving negotiations with the DA and prosecutor. We will fight for the most advantageous outcome possible in your case, which may consist of:
- Getting charges dismissed or reduced
- Ensuring you face the minimum possible penalty via a plea bargain
- Securing an acquittal in court
Need Help with a Megan’s Law Issue?
Registering under Megan’s Law can lead to a lifelong stigma affecting not just sex offenders, but also their families. While Megan’s Law is designed to protect the public, sometimes the offenders are the ones who need protection. At The Mattern Law Firm, we can protect your rights by:
- Appealing your case
- Defending you against alleged registry violations
- Helping you earn a certificate of rehabilitation (if you are eligible)
Please do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about these possibilities.
Contact a Sex Crimes Attorney in Gardena CA for Free
Finding a sex crimes attorney in Gardena CA you feel you can trust and communicate with openly is very important. To see if you get this feeling from Lisa Mattern, Call 310-342-8254 now for a free initial consultation.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
11755 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation