Child Pornography Attorney in Santa Clarita CA
When your reputation and your future are at stake, trust us as your child pornography attorney in Santa Clarita CA
Many people consider crimes involving abuse of children–including child pornography– among the most despicable acts imaginable. Even being accused of a crime related to child pornography can be enough to turn friends and neighbors against you.
But no matter how most people are treating you, just remember:
You can get help from an experienced child pornography attorney in Santa Clarita CA like The Mattern Law Firm.
At The Mattern Law Firm, we will treat you will compassion and respect as we fight aggressively to resolve your case in the most advantageous manner possible.
No Case is Too Complicated for Us
Within the general category of child pornography crimes, there are many specific violations, each of which comes with its own particular legal requirements and quirks. Fortunately, The Mattern Law Firm is a child pornography attorney in Santa Clarita CA that is equal to any challenge because we understand the penal code, we know the case law on child pornography, and we have insight into how our local judicial system really works. For example we can defend against charges for:
- Possession of child pornography
- Distribution of child pornography
- Advertising child pornography
- Developing, duplicating, printing, or exchanging child pornography
- Hiring or recruiting minors for child pornography
Possible Defense Strategies for a Child Pornography Charge
Best case scenario, you child pornography attorney in Santa Clarita CA may be able to get the charges against you dropped or dismissed or secure a not guilty verdict in court. Possible arguments that could be used include:
- You reasonably believed the minors were actually over 18
- You did not actually possess the pornography yourself
- The evidence in your case was obtained by illegal search and seizure
- You were the victim of entrapment by law enforcement
- In the case of online child pornography, your access of the material was accidental
However, if the evidence against you is quite strong, it may be more advantageous to seek a plea deal. When negotiated by a skilled child pornography attorney in Santa Clarita CA, these deals can be quite beneficial. For example, we might be able to:
- Make sure a “wobbler” is charged as a misdemeanor, not a felony
- Secure a much lighter penalty than a judge would likely award at trial
- Get your case resolved quickly so you can get on with your life
Request Your Free Consultation with a Child Pornography Attorney in Santa Clarita CA Today
If you would like more information about the options that may be available in your specific case, please call us at 310-342-8254 and request your free initial case evaluation.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
11755 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation