Child Pornography Attorney in Santa Monica CA
When your reputation and your future are at stake, trust us as your child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA
Alleged crimes against children are taken very seriously by the law and by the public. Unfortunately, sometimes people are very quick to judge and assume anyone accused of an offense related to child pornography must be guilty.
But no matter how most people are treating you, just remember:
The Mattern Law Firm will stand beside you and fight for your rights under the law as your child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA.
As criminal defense attorneys, we have pledged to uphold the law and ensure any individual who becomes embroiled in the criminal justice system is treated fairly. We will work hard to achieve the most beneficial outcome possible under the law in your case.
No Case is Too Complicated for Us
Child pornography cases have the potential to become quite complicated due to the many different California statutes related to this offense and the potential to be charged under more than one statute. Fortunately for you, at The Mattern Law Firm our extensive criminal defense experience has prepped us to handle even the most complicated cases as your child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA. For example we can defend against charges for:
- Possession of child pornography
- Distribution of child pornography
- Advertising child pornography
- Developing, duplicating, printing, or exchanging child pornography
- Hiring or recruiting minors for child pornography
Possible Defense Strategies for a Child Pornography Charge
Best case scenario, you child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA may be able to get the charges against you dropped or dismissed or secure a not guilty verdict in court. Relevant defense arguments in such a case could include:
- You honestly and reasonably believed the material depicted adults
- The evidence does not support the legal definition of “possession”
- Vital evidence in your case should be thrown out because it was obtained illegally
- You were entrapped into committing the offense by law enforcement
- In the case of online child pornography, your access of the material was accidental
But even if the evidence against you is very strong, your attorney won’t give up on you. Instead, they could seek a plea deal. Some examples of what a plea deal could achieve if negotiated properly by a skilled child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA include:
- Making sure a “wobbler” is charged as a misdemeanor, not a felony
- Securing a much lighter penalty than a judge would likely award at trial
- Getting your case resolved quickly so you can get on with your life
Request Your Free Consultation Today
To learn more about hiring The Mattern Law Firm as your child pornography attorney in Santa Monica CA, call 310-342-8254 now and request a free initial consultation.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
Westwood Gateway, 11111 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste. 1700,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation