Sex Crimes Attorney in Simi Valley CA
Hire an experienced sex crimes attorney in Simi Valley CA from The Mattern Law Firm to protect your rights.
Are you being investigated in connection with a sex crime? Many people–even those you thought were your friends–may just assume you’re guilty before you’ve had a fair trial and stigmatize you accordingly. We won’t. At The Mattern Law Firm, we know that behind every accusation is an individual with their own story to tell, and we are committed to making sure you get treated fairly throughout the criminal justice process. So no matter how serious the charges against you may be, we will not give up on you. Instead, we will explore every possible avenue for your defense as your sex crimes attorney in Simi Valley CA.
The category of sex crimes includes many different types of offenses, and we are familiar with the statutes and case law regarding them all. We can help with:
- Statutory Rape
- Sexual Battery
- Sexual Misconduct
- Oral Copulation by Force
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd Conduct
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Sex Trafficking
- Sexual Abuse of Children
- And more
The Two Most Important Pieces of Advice You Need to Follow Right Now
- Don’t make a statement. If you have been accused of a sex crime, you may naturally want to tell your side of the story. However, it is best to remain silent. If you don’t make a statement, the authorities cannot possibly use any aspect of it against you later on.
- Hire an attorney. Hiring a sex crimes attorney in Simi Valley CA before you are arrested or charged won’t make you look guilty. It will make you look smart. Your attorney will be able to provide expert advice as to your rights and options as well as invaluable assistance negotiating with prosecutors and navigating the court system.
There’s a Lot at Stake in a Sex Crimes Case–Choose Your Attorney Carefully
Depending on the nature of the offense you stand accused of, serious criminal penalties may be at stake. But even if you do not face serious jail time, another life-altering penalty could apply: sex offender registration. With your reputation and your future hanging in the balance, naturally you do not want to just give up and accept a conviction. Instead, make sure you enlist the aid of an experienced sex crimes attorney in Simi Valley CA such as Lisa Mattern. We have the legal knowledge and skills required to follow through on our promise of helping you secure the most positive outcome possible in your case. Depending on the facts of your case and the disposition of the prosecutor and DA involved, we may be able to:
- Getting charges dismissed or reduced
- Ensuring you face the minimum possible penalty via a plea bargain
- Securing an acquittal in court
Need Help with a Megan’s Law Issue?
Megan’s Law is the foundation of California’s sex offender registry. If you have already been convicted of a crime subjecting you to Megan’s Law, we may be able to help by:
- Appealing your case
- Defending you against alleged registry violations
- Helping you earn a certificate of rehabilitation (if you are eligible)
Please do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about these possibilities.
Contact a Sex Crimes Attorney in Simi Valley CA for Free
Finding a sex crimes attorney in Simi Valley CA you feel you can trust and communicate with openly is very important. To see if you get this feeling from Lisa Mattern,Call 310-342-8254 now for a free initial consultation.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
Westwood Gateway, 11111 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste. 1700,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation