Rape Attorney in Torrance CA
Hire a rape attorney in Torrance CA to protect your rights and improve your ability to achieve a beneficial outcome to your case.
Because rape is considered a very serious crime, even an accusation of involvement in a rape can make friends and neighbors turn against you. If you are convicted, you will face the burden of sex offender registration as well as a permanent black mark on your criminal record. So, when it comes to defending against a rape allegation, you do not want to wait until you are charged. Instead, you need to get help as soon as you even think you might be a suspect. This is very easy to do when you retain Lisa Mattern as your rape attorney in Torrance CA.
5 Ways We Can Help as Your Rape Attorney in Torrance CA
When you retain us as your rape attorney in Torrance CA, we will explore all possible options for your defense. 5 common ways we can help include:
- Managing interactions with police: By calling your rape attorney in Torrance CA before speaking with police, you can better protect yourself against accidentally revealing any information that may be used against you later on.
- Scrutinizing the evidence: Coerced confessions, fudged warrants, and illegal search and seizure are all examples of police misconduct that results in illegal evidence. You can rely on The Mattern Law Firm to review all the evidence against you very carefully to make sure it is admissible. If it is not, we will file the appropriate motions to exclude it from your case.
- Getting charges dropped or dismissed: If we can undermine the prosecution’s evidence sufficiently, or if we can uncover new evidence for your defense, we may be able to convince the DA that it is not worthwhile for them to pursue a case against you at all because they would likely lose in court.
- Securing a plea deal: Even if you think you need to plead guilty, you should never do so without first consulting a rape attorney in Torrance CA. We have a great deal of experience working closely with local judges and DAs and we can often secure a reduced charge or a reduced penalty that may be very advantageous.
- Defending you in court: If your case proceeds to trial, we can bring our courtroom experience to bear to provide a convincing case for your defense. We will handle every appearance personally and never pass you off to a junior attorney.
We Have Experience as a Statutory Rape Attorney in Torrance CA Too
Have you been accused of statutory rape because of your involvement with an underage partner? At The Mattern Law Firm, we understand the special considerations that come along with a statutory rape case. As your statutory rape attorney in Torrance CA you can rely on us to work hard to resolve your case as quickly and favorably as possible, and hopefully keep the incident off your permanent record.
Call Now for a Free Initial Consultation
If you need help with a rape accusation, do not hesitate to call The Mattern Law Firm at 310-342-8254. We can schedule a free initial consultation to go over the main facts of your case and help you decide how to proceed.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
Westwood Gateway, 11111 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste. 1700,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation