Rape Attorney in Van Nuys CA
Hire a rape attorney in Van Nuys CA to protect your rights and improve your ability to achieve a beneficial outcome to your case.
Rape is a highly stigmatizing crime. Even being accused can damage your reputation. If you are convicted, you will face the burden of sex offender registration as well as a permanent black mark on your criminal record. So, when it comes to defending against a rape allegation, you do not want to wait until you are charged. Instead, you need to get help as soon as you even think you might be a suspect. This is very easy to do when you retain Lisa Mattern or Margaret Mendoza as your rape attorney in Van Nuys CA.
5 Ways We Can Help as Your Rape Attorney in Van Nuys CA
Depending on the facts of your case, there may be several different ways that a skilled rape attorney in Van Nuys CA like us can help you resolve your case. 5 common ways we can help include:
- Managing interactions with police: By calling your rape attorney in Van Nuys CA before speaking with police, you can better protect yourself against accidentally revealing any information that may be used against you later on.
- Scrutinizing the evidence: Coerced confessions, fudged warrants, and illegal search and seizure are all examples of police misconduct that results in illegal evidence. We can prevent any illegal evidence from being used against you by carefully reviewing all the evidence and filing motions to have illegal evidence thrown out.
- Getting charges dropped or dismissed: If we succeed in getting key evidence thrown out, or if we uncover new evidence for your defense, the prosecution’s case may fall apart. If this happens early enough it may prevent charges from being filed; otherwise it may result in charges being dismissed.
- Securing a plea deal: If the evidence against you is quite strong and/or you wish to plead guilty, we can still help as your rape attorney in Van Nuys CA. Drawing on our ample experience in local courts, we can almost always secure you a better deal than the DA would offer if left to their own devices.
- Defending you in court: Whether you hire Margaret Mendoza or Lisa Mattern, you will receive expert courtroom representation if your case proceeds to trial.
We Have Experience as a Statutory Rape Attorney in Van Nuys CA Too
Allegations of statutory rape can be all the more upsetting because the actions behind the alleged “rape” are often actually consensual, with only one participant’s age making the interaction a crime. The Mattern Law Firm makes an excellent choice of attorney because we understand the nuances of this type of case. As your statutory rape attorney in Van Nuys CA you can rely on us to work hard to resolve your case as quickly and favorably as possible, and hopefully keep the incident off your permanent record.
Call Now for a Free Initial Consultation
If you need help with a rape accusation, do not hesitate to call The Mattern Law Firm at 310-342-8254. We can schedule a free initial consultation to go over the main facts of your case and help you decide how to proceed.
AddressThe Mattern Law Firm
Westwood Gateway, 11111 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste. 1700,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Free Initial Consultation